quarta-feira, julho 06, 2005

Quebra-corações para todas as estações*

«Laisse-moi devenir
L'ombre de ton ombre
L'ombre de ta main
L'ombre de ton chien…»

Jacques Brel

«She feeds you tea and oranges
That come all the way from China
And just when you mean to tell her
That you have no love to give her
Then she gets you on her wavelength
And she lets the river answer
That you've always been her lover
And you want to travel with her
And you want to travel blind…»

Leonard Cohen


«She sends me blue valentines

Though I try to remain at large
They're insisting that our love
Must have a eulogy
Why do I save all of this madness
In the nightstand drawer
There to haunt upon my shoulders
Baby I knowI'd be luckier to walk around everywhere I go
With a blind and broken heart
That sleeps beneath my lapel…»

Tom Waits

«Making love in the afternoon with Cecilia

Up in my bedroom,
I got up to wash my face
When I come back to bed,
Someone’s taken my place…»

Paul Simon

«Do you remember mama, when I knocked upon your door?

I said you had the nerve to tell me you didn't want me no more
I open my front door, hear my back door slam,
You must have one of them new fangled back door man.
I've been working from seven, seven, seven, to eleven every night… It kinda makes my life a drag, a drag, a drag...
Baby, since I've been loving you, I'm about to lose, I'm about lose to my worried mind…»

Led Zeppelin

« Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?

Remember how she said that
We would meet again some sunny day?
Vera! Vera!
What has become of you?
Does anybody else in here
Feel the way I do?»

Pink Floyd

«Haven’t had a dream in a long time

See, the life I’ve had
Can make a good man bad
So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Lord knows, it would be the first time…»

The Smiths

«I miss your kissing and I miss your head
And a letter in your writing doesn't mean you're not dead
Run outside in the desert heat
Make your dress all wet and send it to me
I miss your soup and I miss your bread
And a letter in your writing doesn't mean you're not dead
So spill your breakfast and drip your wine
Just wear that dress when you're dying…»

Pixies

«Gave my heart an engagement ring

She left everything
Everything I gave her
Sweet sixteen
Built a moon
For a rocking chair,
Never guessed it would
Rock her far from here…»

Billy Idol


* Ele há outros.